I’ve been in many roleplays where the mere thought of having gay smut anywhere on the dash is just repulsive. This honestly is upsetting, but when I really thought about it, I realized this could possibly stem off the fact that many people don’t actually know how to write gay smut. So I’ve done plenty of research on this topic, and here’s the basic do’s and don’ts of gay sex.
Warning: contains details of gay sex [obviously]
- I cannot stress this fact enough, so it’s going to be number 1. LUBE LUBE LUBE LUBE LUBE! Sure, a lot of fanfictions and whatnot just make do with spit, but if you want to be accurate, spit isn’t enough. The lack of lube during anal sex can actually cause severe damage in real life, so please for the love of god, make sure you have lube nearby.
- Foreplay is a must. Sure, guys are able to get, ahem, turned on quite easily, but some fondling is still necessary before just going and sticking it up the bum. Try handjobs and blowjobs. They’re pretty easy to write, especially since they’re done in normal slash as well.
- Whether you give or receive, try to still please your partner. If he’s willing to give you a blowjob, at least give him a handjob in return. It’s polite.
- There will come a time when your character must decide whether to swallow or spit. Just go with it. Don’t be afraid to do something in roleplays that you wouldn’t do in real life.
- Things are only as awkward as you make it. If your character is nervous about having sex, your partner is going to be nervous as well. Try to keep your characters in the mood by not rushing it or over thinking.
- Okay, you CANNOT just stick it in right away! Prepping is a must! Fingers and lube. It usually takes three fingers before a person is fully prepared to take it, so try to keep that in mind.
- Anal sex can hurt. At first, it burns and it’s uncomfortable. So give your partner a chance to get used to the stretch. Unless they’re into pain. Then just pound away, I guess.
- There are many different positions in which you can have anal sex. On all fours, on your back, riding. Play around with whatever positions your comfortable with writing!
- Condoms aren’t necessary, but remember, the outcome of barebacking is kinda gross and messy.
- After some good ol’ anal sex, your character is going to be sore. Remember that. It’ll be hard to sit down possibly, and they might have a slight limp. If they’re up and walking and fine right away, you’re doing it wrong.
- And last but not least, if you’re not comfortable writing gay smut, then don’t. Nobody can make you. If you want to try, go for it. You might not be an expert the first time you write it, but I suggest reading fanfictions to familiarize yourself with the subject.
That’s pretty much it! Hope it helped!